Frequently Asked Questions
ASF Giving FAQ
If you don't find the answer you're looking for, please contact us at email@example.com
- Scholarship recipients must complete the ASF Student Information Form by June 30, 2024 for funds to be mailed to their designated college or trade school. Click HERE to complete the Student Information Form.
- You don't! Your general Anacortes Schools Foundation scholarship application will be used to consider you for most ASF scholarships. If you are interested in, and eligible for, the Greg Horak Memorial Scholarship, you should submit a separate application for this award.
- SAT/ACT scores are optional this year. AHS Seniors and current college students are NOT required to submit any test information.
- The SAR is the report that you should see when you log into your FAFSA account and click on “View Processed Information (PDF version).” You will see a box with Application Date, Process Date, EFC, DRN, etc near the top of the report. The committee only needs page 1 of this report which is most easily viewed and printed in the PDF version.
- You should submit all transcripts that are available by the April 27 (NOON), 2024 deadline. For most students, Winter Quarter or Fall Semester transcripts will be available by April 30.
- If you do not have a FAFSA EFC for any reason, please explain your financial need and your family's financial circumstances in the supporting information statement on the application.
- Please ONLY include the cost of tuition and required fees as stated on the university or programs website. Do not include room and board, transportation or optional fees.
- There is word no limit. The selection committee will read your full answers regardless of length.
- No, as indicated on the application, that is a completely optional document. If you wish to submit such a statement, you may use the space to explain any extenuating financial or family circumstances.
- No. Applications can only be submitted digitally. If you have any questions or have trouble with the online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students will receive notification of the Anacortes Schools Foundation final scholarship decisions the week of May 30, 2024. Please note, all scholarship selections are made by the Anacortes Schools Foundation Scholarship Committee. The AHS counsellors are not ASF board members. Please do not contact them for information regarding selection decisions.
- Unfortunately, we are only able to accept on-time and complete applications for consideration.
- Addresses for scholarship donors are provided to recipients at the annual awards ceremony which this year will take place on June 3, 2024. In most cases, contact information is located on the back of the award certificate you received. If you lost your address, please email us.
- All ASF Scholarship Committee Members sign a confidentiality agreement. Once applications are reviewed, personal and financial information is shredded or destroyed.